Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

Autumn/Winter look

My beautiful model for this look is my niece Charlotte, she is extremely fortunate as she seems to look pretty amazing when put in front of a camera.
So as I previously took modelling photos of her for my art coursework she was more than happy to model for my blog, with only the smallest amount of persuasion;)

The first step was to apply a base coat, I used the Maybelline-dream satin foundation. I applied a medium/thick layer (with a real techniques foundation brush) It creates a nice matte base that is easy to blend any blush and eye shadow in with.

The next step was the eyes, I wanted to use quite subtle colours to start with and then build it up. I used the pale brown shade (almost white) that came in the nude naked pallet and applied it from the bottom of the eyelid up to just below the brow.
I then did a thin line across the bottom of the eyelid, just above the eyelash line, finishing with a small cat flick. I used black eyeliner, but you may prefer to use brown if you are looking for a more subtle look.
This parts all about building it up gradually, now to start with it may look quite strange but once you have added all of the different tones it should leave a nice glowing natural looking eyelid. You basically need to keep applying different brown shades, pale on the the main eyelid, then in the crease blend in a dark brown colour. Sometimes if my eyes look particularly tired I will highlight the inner corners of my eyelid and just below my brow line. Once you've built it all up it should look something like this, obviously with mascara already on them.

Now I apply the blush, my aim is to achieve a warming look so i'm using a deep pink blush and outlining the cheek bones with my bronzer.

The last part of this look is to use a cherry lipstick or lip gloss I feel this completes the make up and adds a nice comforting effect to it.

I completed it by putting Charlotte's down, this is a easy and pretty hairstyle that I think can go with an everyday look.
Her outfit is my favourite style, skirt, tights, socks and boots. I paired these with a simple black scarf with bows on and any top that suits you.
I think for this sort of outfit the less jewelry the simpler and more cozy you look.  So if I was to wear any at all it would be some pretty earrings, neck less, a bracelet and rings.

Lot's of Love A.
xoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award!! So visit to my blog to answer my questions for you!

    http://mayumi1992.blogspot.jp

    Much love,
    Mayumi

    ReplyDelete